Baseline Technical Training
Now that you’ve invested in the best water management technology available, let us help you add to that investment with official courses from Baseline Technical Training. These courses are designed to advance your skills quickly and maximize the return on your investment.
Our course curriculum covers topics that will help you use Baseline technology to maintain a healthy property and manage limited water resources. Invest some time to learn how to install, operate, and manage your system so you can get the most out of it.
Baseline offers different types of training to fit different schedules and different needs:
- Online training sessions that include classes, an exam, and a completion certificate
- Blended training with both online learning and live training experience
- A resource library of videos and documents on the Baseline website that you can use to review specific training topics
A mix of both online and in-person sessions help meet your Baseline training needs. The in-person sessions allow for hands-on experience with Baseline products.
Baseline’s Technical Training Portal
Visit the Baseline Technical Training Portal to create your Baseline Techincal Training account, review the current course list, take online classes and exams, and track your progress.
Note: New courses are continually being added in the Baseline Technical Training Portal, so check back often!
Be sure to check out our online only courses in the Baseline Technical Training Portal. You can take these courses any time:
- Baseline Installer Training
- Baseline Basics Training – Prerequisite for the In-Person Baseline Fundamentals Certification Training
Baseline’s Training Videos
Working with the BaseStation 1000 Irrigation Controller
- BaseStation 1000 Basic Programming Tutorial
- BaseStation 1000 – Setting the Date & Time
- BaseStation 1000 – Searching for and Assigning Devices
- BaseStation 1000 – Configuring Concurrent Zones
- BaseStation 1000 – Enabling or Disabling a Program
- BaseStation 1000 – Setting a Seasonal Adjustment for a Program
- BaseStation 1000 – Testing Devices and the Two-Wire
Working with the BaseStation 3200 Irrigation Controller
- BaseStation 3200 – Assigning Zones
- BaseStation 3200 – Configuring Zones
- BaseStation 3200 – Setting Up Programs
- BaseStation 3200 – Setting Up Points of Connection
- BaseStation 3200 – Setting Up Mainlines
- BaseStation 3200 – Learning Flow
- BaseStation 3200 – Setting Up Soil Moisture Sensors
- BaseStation 3200 – Setting Up Start, Start, Pause Conditions
Working with BaseManager™
- Selecting a Controller
- Assigning Zones and Other Devices
- Adding a New Program
- Performing Manual Operations
- Setting Up a Map
- Testing Devices
Working with WeatherAccess™
- Enabling Weather-Based Watering on a BaseStation 1000
- Enabling Weather-Based Watering on a BaseStation 3200
- Connecting a Weather Station to BaseManager
- Configuring Zone Properties for Weather-Based Watering
Working with the BaseStation 6000 Irrigation Controller
Baseline Training Calendar
Important: Seats in Baseline’s in-person training classes are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Baseline Training Course Descriptions
Review our course descriptions below. For more details, click the links below to see the Sample Agendas.
Baseline Installer Training
The Baseline Installer training is designed for contractors who will be installing Baseline equipment on upcoming projects. In this course, you’ll get a solid understanding of everything necessary for a successful Baseline project installation. You’ll learn about wire, grounding, controller communication, and other critical skills to get started with smart watering on a project.
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a short quiz that covers the material. With a passing score, you will receive a “Baseline Installation Training” certificate. The certificate can be presented to a Project Manager, General Contractor, and/or Designer as part of a submittals package. The certificate expires after 2 years and can be renewed. The registration fee for online Baseline Installer Training is $99.
Baseline Installer Training Sample Agenda
This course is delivered 100% online and covers the following topics:
|Introduction to Baseline
|Wire and Splices
|Grounding and Surge Protection
|Working with Two-Wire Devices
|BaseStation 1000 Overview
|BaseStation 3200 Overview
|Installer Knowledge Test
|Approximate Total Duration
|60 – 90 minutes
Baseline Fundamentals Certification
The Baseline Baseline Fundamentals Certification class builds on the Baseline Basics training class and enhances the online materials. You’ll get a deeper look at Baseline products and hands-on programming experience during this one-day, in-person class.
We’ll spend time programming the BaseStation 3200™ controllers using scenarios that you’re likely to see on your projects. We’ll delve into BaseManager™ and discover how it can be used to increase the ease and efficiency of a Baseline system. We’ll also spend time testing grounding and learning how to troubleshoot two-wire systems.
The Baseline Baseline Fundamentals Certification class is a 6-hour, in-person training session.
Upon completion of the Baseline Basics and the Baseline Baseline Fundamentals Certification class, you will receive a “Baseline Fundamentals” certificate that is valid for 2 years and can be renewed.
IMPORTANT! Please enroll in and complete the Baseline Basics Training class prior to attending the Baseline Baseline Fundamentals Certification class.
Baseline Fundamentals Certification Sample Agenda
In-Person Training Session
|Welcome and Coffee
|BaseStation 3200 Hands-on Programming
|1 hour 15 minutes
|Wrap-up and Questions
Baseline Advanced Training
Baseline Advanced Training builds on the foundation of the Baseline Basic Training. You’ll leave the Advanced Training course with a deep understanding of how to use Baseline products to solve real irrigation challenges.
In this course, you’ll get hands-on experience with real-world situations. The course covers everything from strategies for effectively programming complicated irrigation schedules to using Baseline’s powerful suite of water resource management solutions. Completion of the Basic Training course is a prerequisite for Advanced Training.
Baseline Radio Survey Certification
Attendees will learn the principles of successful radio applications and get hands-on training using a Baseline Radio Survey Kit to complete and qualify a site for Ethernet radio applications.
This class requires the purchase of a Radio Survey Kit. The Radio Survey Certification training is included in the cost of the kit. The Radio Certification training has an online component and an in-person session that is typically held immediately following an in-person Advanced Training session.