Designed for Agriculture, Built for Reliability
The AG 1000™ is part of the Baseline family of intelligent irrigation controllers. Designed for optimal watering, it works with the patented Baseline two-wire technology that leads the industry for its reliability and responsiveness. The AG 1000 comes standard with flow monitoring and management options, compatibility with the industry-defining Baseline soil moisture sensors, and cloud-based central control for real-time alerts and status updates.
The AG 1000 supports programming measured in seconds, which gives you detailed, specific control to calibrate how it should apply water. Whether you’re at the controller or on the go, the programming options of the AG 1000 enable you to control more than just irrigation. You can also control filter flush cycles, lighting, alarms, pumps, and fertigation.
Get the latest in smart watering technology
- The AG 1000 combines two industry standards for the ultimate in smart watering: evapotranspiration (ET) weather data and soil moisture sensors.
- The AG 1000 supports up to 20 Baseline soil moisture sensors. Our patented biSensors™ are the most reliable and accurate sensors available in the industry.
- They measure actual soil moisture content where it really matters – in the root zone – to determine exactly how much to irrigate and when to stop.
- The AG 1000 communicates with multiple sensors at multiple depths to give you more data to tune your system and alert you when certain thresholds are reached.
- The AG 1000 removes the guesswork and lets you accurately measure your actual soil conditions.
Central control made easy
BaseManager™ is a powerful cloud-based central control and remote access platform that allows an AG 1000 controller to be managed remotely. With BaseManager, you can do everything you normally do at the controller, but get real-time system alerts and status updates on your mobile device.
Every AG 1000 includes a built-in Ethernet port so the controller is Internet-ready out-of-the-box. Wireless connectivity options include Wi‑Fi, cell modem, and spread-spectrum radio.
Features that matter
- Supports up to 100 zones
- Supports two-wire and conventional wire
- Supports up to 20 soil moisture sensors
- Supports up to 40 programs
- Supports up to three water sources
- Compatible with central control applications
- Every controller is Internet-ready out-of-the-box
- Supports Wi-Fi, cell modem, and spread spectrum radio
- Controller-level tiered passcodes
- On-screen instructions and help available in English and Spanish
Great solution for…
- Row Crops
AG 1000 Specifications
Note AG 1000 controllers manufactured before January 1, 2018, need MEXP expansion modules for maximum device totals and access to all BaseManager features. For more information, please contact Baseline’s Sales Account Manager at 208-639-8731 or your local distributor.
AG 1000 Display Features
- High contrast 3.25” backlit mono LCD screen
- Screen resolution 128×64 pixels
- Screen LCD brightness of 250 lumens for easy viewing in direct sunlight
AG 1000 Smart Watering Modes
In addition to time-based watering, the AG 1000 can also be operated in the following smart watering modes:
Soil Moisture Sensor-Based Watering
If you have a Baseline soil moisture sensor (biSensor™) installed in your landscaping and connected to your AG 1000 irrigation controller, you can program the controller to water based on the moisture levels in the soil.
When operated in WeatherAccess™ mode with an active BaseManager™ Plus subscription, the AG 1000 irrigation controller meets the EPA WaterSense program’s water-efficiency and performance criteria.
On the AG 1000, you can combine Baseline’s soil moisture sensor-based intelligent watering technology with the industry’s best practices for weather-based irrigation.
AG 1000 Operating Features
- Supports up to 100 zones in any combination of two-wire and conventional wire
- Supports up to 40 separate programs with overlapping run times
- Supports up to 20 biSensor Soil Moisture Sensors
- Supports up to 3 points of connection (POC). Each POC Supports a flow sensor or meter, which manages and monitors flow across a site as independent or connected hydraulic systems
- Operates up to 7 normally open or normally closed master valves and pump starts for the entire system including booster pumps
- Supports up to 7 separate normally closed or normally open pause or event devices—each device can be used to control per-program start, stop or pause behavior
- Concurrently operates up to 15 typical solenoids over two-wire or up to 2 typical solenoids over conventional wire per 12-station Powered biCoder plus 2 additional solenoids using the VE00001 and VE00002 ports
- Concurrently operates up to 100 DC-latching solenoids
- Maximizes watering efficiency and minimizes total irrigation time by using Intelligent Soak Cycles™ to prioritize cycles for zones that have already started to water over zones that have not started
- Automatically stacks up to 10 overlapping programs. The system can run any number of programs concurrently if permitted by the zone concurrency settings.
- Learns the actual flow for each zone when one or more flow meters are configured in the system
- Executes a high-flow shutdown based on total system flow or on flow per flow meter
- Intelligently schedules watering based on available flow to maximize concurrent valve operation and minimize total water time
- Runs a diagnostic test weekly on normally open master valves to help prevent a normally open master valve from “sticking” open
- Detects and repairs all address conflicts for devices that are connected to the two-wire from the controller
- Supports two-way communication with two-wire decoders (biCoders) to gather information about the two-wire voltage and communication integrity, the solenoid voltage and current, and status (open circuit, short circuit, or ok)
- Stores all program and history information in non-volatile memory
AG 1000 Programmable Features
- Program up to 8 start times per program in 10-minute increments
- Program the run times for zones from 1 second to 18 hours in 1 second increments
- Program the day intervals in even days, odd days, or odd days excluding the 31st
- Create a custom 7-day calendar, and historical calendar with customizable half-months
- Program unique soak and cycle times (Intelligent Soak Cycles™) for each program. Soak times can be programmed between 0 minutes and 18 hours.
- Specify hours during each day of the week when water can or cannot be applied (Water Windows) in 1-hour increments for each 24-hour period
- Assign start, stop, and pause irrigation modes to each program, including timed-based, event-based, and soil moisture sensor-based behaviors
- Manually enter a design flow for each zone, with or without an installed flow meter
- Automatically calibrate soil moisture thresholds and make irrigation decisions based on those thresholds.
- Adjust seasonal water budget from 10% to 200% by program
- Schedule up to 8 future “event” dates when no watering will occur
- Manually operate one zone, or all zones of a program, with programmable run times, delay before starting first zone, and time between zones
- Search for and identify all devices connected to the two-wire and list them according to device type and serial number
- Address two-wire decoders (biCoders) by serial number by assigning each zone address a device serial number
- Re-address any two-wire decoder (biCoder) from the controller by re-assigning the device’s serial number to a new zone address
- Assign any station or terminal number on a multi-station biCoder from the controller to any zone address in any order
- Back up all programming and historical data with any USB flash drive
- Establish 3 levels of local and remote PIN protection: status & stop, manual runs, and full programming access
- Configure pipe-stabilization time for flow management
AG 1000 Messages and Alerts
- Provides real-time soil moisture measurements and watering feedback to the user
- Includes integrated tools and software that self-diagnose problems and generate alerts and messages, and then displays the messages on the screen and remotely
- Displays on-screen historical run time information that includes total run time and water used for the last two watering days
- Displays actual or estimated flow values
- Displays a 7-day scalable soil moisture graph with 12 readings per day
- Displays all pause and stop conditions in message screens that are accessible from the main screen. The system displays one message for each condition, and the user can clear each message independently.
- Displays high flow alerts, pause messages and conditions, and rain delays, wire faults, as well as other operating conditions
Central Control and Remote Control
- Connect the AG 1000 to BaseManager™ central control when configured with an approved communication module. Communication options include built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi, cellular modem, Ethernet radios, and Long Haul Ethernet wired communications.
- Program and operate a AG 1000 from BaseManager central control and LiveView™
- Receive email and text message alerts when connected to BaseManager central control
- Perform manual operations remotely with Mobile Access™ when connected to BaseManager central control
- Requires 120 VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz and a minimum of a 5 amp breaker
- Requires a certified electrician for hard-wired installation
- Station Output: 30 VAC RMS over two-wire
- Supports up to 1.45 amp output
- The controller powers down the two-wire after one minute of idle time
- Drive current to a decoder is 100 to 250 milliamps (depending on the solenoid)
- Supports up to 110 device loads on a two-wire path
- 1, 2, and 4 station biCoders = 1/2 load
- 12 to 24 station Powered biCoder = 2 loads
- Soil Moisture Sensor = 1 load
- Flow biCoder or Flow Sensor = 3 loads
- Requires a typical solenoid with approximately 400 milliamps of inrush current and approximately 200 milliamps holding current
- 10 levels of surge protection
- Up to 5 levels of surge protection built into the controller boards
- Minimum surge response time of 1 picosecond
“X” Cabinet—Wall Mount Enclosure
- Dimensions: 15.50” x 12.38” x 6.40”
- 16 Gauge, powder-coated
“XS” Cabinet—Wall Mount Enclosure
- Dimensions: 15.50” x 12.38” x 6.40”
- 16 Gauge, 304-grade stainless steel
“P” Pedestal Enclosure
- Dimensions: 17.38” x 36.25” x 12.63”
- 16 Gauge, 304-grade stainless steel