AC or Solar Powered
Wireless Remote Valve Control
The SubStation RV gives you wireless access to every valve on your landscape, even in the most remote locations. Once connected to a BaseStation 3200, the SubStation RV brings the power of the 3200 to all parts of your site and allows access to hard-to-reach valves without excessive trenching. Click here to view the SubStation RV cut sheet.
SubStation RV Benefits:
- Access valves even in the most remote areas
- Eliminate time and dependency on battery-operated devices
- Bring alerts, diagnostics, and advanced programming to remote valves
Ready to learn more about the SubStation RV or place an order?
Complete the form below and your local Regional Sales Manager will reach out to you!
SubStation RV is part of the SubStation product family
“This will save me so much time. Kneeling down or bending over into valve boxes to switch out batteries or adjust times is such a pain.”
— Irrigation Technician
- Supports up to 6 conventionally-wired zones (24 VAC)
- Supports 6 concurrent zone operations
- Zone(s) can be configured as a Master Valve in the BaseStation 3200
- Provides diagnostic LEDs for simple installation and troubleshooting
- Displays status of device and the connected status of the BaseStation 3200
- “Cloud-display” offers controller-like display accessible in BaseManager
- Supports up to 1,500 feet of wire-path
- High-speed LTE cellular communication
- NEMA 6P (IP68) waterproof lockable enclosures
- Supports firmware updates over the air
BaseStation 3200 Features
- The BaseStation 3200 supports up to 25 SubStation RVs. Each SubStation RV connection uses one of these addresses.
- Total zone counts, including the zones connected to all SubStation RVs must remain within the BaseStation 3200 specifications.
- SubStation RV zones that exceed the BaseStation 3200 limits are ignored
- All search and assign operations for SubStation RV zones are performed from the BaseStation 3200 or from BaseManager.
- All programming operations for SubStation RV zones are performed from the BaseStation 3200 or from BaseManager.
- All test operations for SubStation RV zones are performed from the BaseStation 3200 or from BaseManager.
- Displays status of the SubStation RV connection and reports the number of each zone from last search
- For SubStation RV compatibility, ensure that the BaseStation 3200 is running firmware version 18.0 or greater.
- Does not support other Baseline 2-wire products.
AC Power Specifications
• Requires 120 VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz and a minimum of a 5 amp breaker
• Requires a certified electrician for hard-wire installation
• Zero 24 VAC valves actuated = 1.0 milliamp
• One 24 VAC valve actuated = 35 milliamp
• Six 24 VAC valves actuated = 210 milliamp
• Requires a typical solenoid with approximately 400 milliamps of inrush current and approximately 200 milliamps holding current
• 10 levels of surge protection
• Up to 5 levels of surge protection built into the controller boards
• Minimum surge response time of 1 picosecond
• Freeze/heat resistant -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
• NEMA 6P (IP68) Waterproof
Solar Power Specifications
- Solar: Overload, short-circuit, high-voltage, transient surges
- Load: None
- Battery: High voltage
Battery Specifications — 50E 21700
- Amp Hours — 5000 mAH per battery
- Nominal Voltage — 3.6 V
- Max Charge Voltage — 4.20 V
- Standard Charge Current — 2.45 A
- Optimal Discharge Temp — -20 degrees Celsius – 60 degrees Celsius
- Optimal Charging Temp — 0 degrees Celsius – 45 degrees Celsius
- Over Current Range — 6.0 A – 12.0 A
- The SubStation RV communicates with a BaseStation 3200™ irrigation controller over a 256-bit encrypted cellular network.
- The SubStation RV supports AT&T and Verizon service providers
- SubStation RV enclosures are large enough to hold the processor board, the terminal board, power supply, and a communication module. The communication module will be built into the enclosure by the factory when ordered together.
- High impact polycarbonate low profile hinged enclosure with integrated locking latch, opaque cover and integrated mounting flange.
- The enclosure is 8 inches tall by 6 inches wide by 3 inches deep
- Includes enclosure mounting tabs
- Includes three openings in the bottom of the enclosure to accommodate field and power wires
- NEMA 6P (IP68) Waterproof
• Requires annual Baseline subscription.
- The Substation RV connects wirelessly to the BaseStation 3200 using Baseline’s ultrafast Cloud Networking.
- The first year of Cloud Networking service is included in the price of the SubStation RV and the service can be renewed annually.
How to Specify
- BL-SUBSTN-RV-DP-AZ Direct Power SubStation RV with Verizon cellular service provider
- BL-SUBSTN-RV-DP-AT Direct Power SubStation RV with AT&T cellular service provider
- BL-SUBSTN-RV-SP-VZ Solar Power SubStation RV with Verizon cellular service provider
- BL-SUBSTN-RV-SP-AT Solar Power SubStation RV with AT&T cellular service provider