Multi-Family Housing Properties
Property owners and managers look outdoors to achieve operational efficiency and cost savings with WeatherTRAK Smart Irrigation Solutions.
When BRE Properties Inc. installed a smart irrigation system at one of its hilly Seattle properties, gee-whiz science translated into $47,000 of savings within four months. BRE continues to deploy WeatherTRAK across its 85 apartment communities, achieving 40% water savings portfolio-wide.
Read the case study.
Leading Multi-Family Housing Owners are Benefiting:
Reduce Operating Costs and Increase Building Value
- Save water, waste water run-off and thousands of dollars
- Reduce plant damage or replacement
- Enhance landscape health and curb appeal
Lower Risk and Exposure
- Minimize re-paving and hardscape repairs
- Lower slip/fall property liability
- Alerts for rapid response to leaks and issues
Improve Operations and Oversight
- Central management of irrigation scheduling
- Real-time dashboard and performance reporting
- Web and mobile control for Landscape maintainers
Featured Success Stories
The 58-unit Casa Grande Senior Apartments, one of 12 PEP Housing communities using WeatherTRAK, received a 2011 Met Life Foundation Award for Excellence in Affordable Housing, recognizing best practices in green, service-enriched housing for low-income seniors.
Aimco saved two million gallons of water in 120 days after installing WeatherTRAK at four pilot sites in Colorado. More than 450 controllers are now used at 130 properties in Utah, Texas, Arizona and California.