Providing Site-Specific Weather Data to Agencies and Corporations
HydroPoint’s Climate IQ was developed to provide site specific, high-resolution weather data to determine the true resource requirements at the actual site based on weather, while lowering the overall cost of ownership for companies and homeowners using HydroPoint Data Systems’ Smart Water Management solutions.
Independently proven to be within 3% of an actual onsite weather station, Climate IQ provides both historical and real-time site specific weather data for the WeatherTRAK Smart Irrigation systems, as well as a wide range of applications:
For Water Agencies:
- Historical ET analysis, including 5 years of Penman Monteith and 50 years of Hargreaves (Temperature only)
- Historical ET comparisons, inter-microzone, throughout an entire service area
- Historical ET comparisons with specific weather stations (ex: CA CIMIS)
- Overlay of meter locations and Microzones
- Water Budget Billing Services
- Daily ET for each microzone in a service area
- Weather information for savings estimation
- Weather normalization data for historical / baseline savings analysis
Climate IQ uses computer generated climate models to deliver daily local weather data at a resolution accuracy of (0.01 degrees latitude and 0.01 degrees longitude) about 1 square kilometer. Near real-time weather data is gathered at regular intervals throughout the day from thousands of weather stations on government managed and private weather observation networks such as NOAA, as well as from other data sources including Doppler Radar, atmospheric readings and satellite imagery. HydroPoint employs a team of climate scientist, who validate and ensure that data is accurate, every day.
Highlights of Climate IQ’s Data Solutions:
- Highly Accurate. The method underlying the weather data that calculates irrigation schedules utilizes the Penman Monteith method of calculating evaporation and transpiration, as recommended by Irrigation Association (IA). Other methods of calculating ET, such as Hargreaves(single sensor based), can be up to 60% different than ET’s calculated using the Penman Monteith method.
- Reliability. HydroPoint operates redundant climate centers and has redundant calculations so that customers are not dependant on a single weather station, or a single point of failure. HydroPoint does not rely on external or add-on devices, such as weather receivers, soil moisture probes, temperature sensors, etc. that could fail.
- Timely. The ET Everywhere system can transmit daily ET data in a variety of forms and file types.
- Precise to Your Location. Weather Data is accurate, and resolute, to within one square kilometer (other solutions use zip codes, which are not an acceptable method of defining microclimates). HydroPoint is able to reproduce historical weather data precisely to aid with weather normalization for the purposes of Measurement & Verification.
- Easy to Deploy and Maintenance Free. HydroPoints’ approach is free of the complexity of deployment, and there is no need to re-calibrate or manage replacement of add-on devices. This helps us keep your overall cost of ownership much lower than other alternatives.