Join the Clean Technology Leader
HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc. is one of the fastest growing sustainability companies in the U.S. Customers ranging from the Fortune 1000 to leading cities rely on our EPA-proven WeatherTRAK smart water management solution to conserve water, eliminate runoff pollution and reduce costs.
We’re always on the lookout for talented and hardworking individuals with great energy, leadership and initiative to further WeatherTRAK solutions, which conserve 4x more water than any other water-saving technology.
Bring your enthusiasm for sustainable solutions that benefit business and the environment to HydroPoint!
Customer Support Specialist
Our ideal candidate will be an adaptable, self-motivated and polished individual capable of representing our organization as a consummate professional. Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as the ability to work with a changing and adapting job description are critical! We are seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Solid organizational and time management skills will take you far in this unique role!
Provide excellent Customer Service with responsibilities which include:
- Telephone Support including but not limited to:
- Advising customers regarding irrigation controller set up
- Technical support and troubleshooting for irrigation system issues
- Controller activations
- Technical support on WeatherTrak.net central control
- Responding to emails including but not limited to:
- Emails sent to support or via website
- Online activation requests
- Online access requests
- Data input:
- Complete documentation for all support services provided
- Attention to detail including referrals to department procedures and accuracy is required
- Other projects as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- BILINGUAL (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
- 3+ years of relative work experience in technical support or customer service
- Ideally with irrigation controllers and related services
- Electrical/wiring experience desirable
- Demonstrated ability and comfort taking numbers of inbound calls on a daily basis
- Excellent phone/customer service skills
- Ability to work overtime rotations for Saturdays and occasional holidays
- General understanding of sustainability programs and water conservation initiatives
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
QA Test Engineer
We currently have an opportunity in our QA department validating the quality of our water saving irrigation controllers that connects via wireless network to our server. The server includes a web interface to control and monitor the products in the field.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires a strong work ethic and getting the job done right. This self starter will make progress with minimal supervision including the ability to work with the development team to provide a detailed test plan based on functional requirements and manage testing and bug reporting.
The candidate also will have a proven track record of application, database, and embedded software testing for quality assurance. The successful individual will possess the following skills, abilities, attributes and technical expertise:
- 3 years MINIMUM of experience in software QA
- Embedded Software Products Testing
- Wireless cellular device testing experience (or telecommunications background)
- Hardware Testing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anticipate issues and risks with testing the product and escalate appropriately
- Work closely with development team to ensure effective and optimal validation plan
- Assist in remediation of technical issues
- Work closely with product development team to translate requirements into well-defined use cases and functional QA test plan
- Understand system impacts and create performance/load test plan
- Identify opportunities to implement continuous quality improvement practices
- Debugging issues with applications running on a VM environment running MS Server 2003
- Authoring test plans and test case documents
- Run and execute testing
- Administer and manage the bug list in Bugzilla and provide status updates on bugs in the release.
- Design, build and maintain an automated framework and infrastructure for testing using in house automation tools and automated tests based on API for the product using C#.
- Enhance and maintain existing QA tools.
- Support IT and Customer Service departments in resolving issues on Production.
Other Desired Experience:
- Web Testing
- Performance Testing
- Bugzilla (or similar bug tracking software)
- Perforce (or similar source code management software)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft SQL 2005
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008
- Microsoft’s .net framework
- Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Message Queues
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft’s C#
- C, C++
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, IEEE, or Quality Assurance related
- Irrigation or similar background would be a plus